Amalies Entry

This summer I participated in Sailing Democracy 2017. This was both exciting, challenging and a trip where I learned a lot and met so many great people. First of all the trip was about democracy, which means I learned a lot about how democracy works in other countries and cultures. I found this very interesting since some of the things the others had to say was a lot different from my own experiences with democracy. Also, looking at the differences gave me a better understanding of my own country, which was a great learning point. We did this through workshops on the ship. We were allowed to work freely in teams to amongst other things try to form our own countries. This was a lot of fun, and we laughed a lot. But also we had a chance to include all the things each member thought was important, and in that way created a country we all would be happy to live in. Besides this we also learned about mindsets and worked with some card games, to get to know our own goals better. I loved this part since it was something I could take with me and use in the future. It was divided into two places. Half the time in a shelter camp on land, and the other half on a ship named Fylla. I think it was great that it variated a bit because it made sure that all the days wouldn't be the same. The trip was a lot of things. I experienced it as a great adventure, and it was an experience I'd definitely recommend. Sailing on such a large ship, helping raise sails and cleaning the deck on even the most crappy days, isn't something you get to do everyday. I feel verry lucky to have been able to be part of this project. I think what I'll miss the most is the people. I met so many great and diffrent people. They all had different stories and backgrounds, making us verry different in a lot of ways, but that didn't stop us from socializing and having a great time with eachother. The social was so great. Some days it was verry quiet and relaxing, and some it was caotic, wet and cold. But all in all it made the whole trip a success for me.

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

What would you tell your grandchildren?

My Experience by Madara